HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It's going to be pretty chill for us this year, so if you're in need of a quick recipe for adult entertaining tonight, this is perfect for a crowd and outdoor night.
I Bottle Merlot or Cabernet
2c sprouts apple juice or cider
2 medium oranges
juice from one lemon + 1tsp. zest
10 whole cloves
10 cardamom pods
4 cinnamon sticks + more for garnishing
1 whole nutmeg
- Press 10 cloves into one of the oranges. Juice remaining orange and one lemon, zesting 1tsp of the rind and set aside.
- Break up cinnamon into 2 inch pieces. Wrap cinnamon, cardamom pods & nutmeg in cheese cloth.
- Combine wine, Sprouts apple juice, whole orange with inserted cloves, orange juice, lemon juice, and lemon zest into a pot. Twist up your spices in cheesecloth, and submerge lightly into the mixture, using the pot’s lid to secure the spices in place. Alternately you can tie up the spices with twine and throw the whole thing in.
- Bring to a light boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and remove spice bag and whole orange.
- Serve with additional cinnamon stick and orange peel if desired.