Inspired by the most recent Sprouts blogger event at Cook Street School of Culinary Arts, this pizza has quickly become one of my favorite at home pizza recipes. It's so simple and you don't need any pizza sauce on hand. I created my own dough using my sourdough starter, but you can use your favorite dough recipe or pre packaged dough.
Garlic Olive Oil
Glory halleujah. This infused oil is an homage to the garlic gods. Perfect for bread dipping, pizza topping, or incorporating into a dressing.
Garlic Infused Olive Oil
3 cloves of garlic
2c Sprouts olive oil
1T dried rosemary
1T whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut the top ¼ off of the each head of garlic.
- Place garlic cut side down in a loaf pan and cover with olive oil, roesmary and black pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour and let cool before using. Keep in sealed container in a cool dry place.
You can use any type of dough for this, but I opted for a naturally fermented sourdough crust made with Sprouts All Purpose Flour.
pizza dough of choice
garlic-infused oil (optional)
1 clove elephant garlic
1/2 red potato
Sprouts sundried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, or follow the instructions for cooking your own pizza dough.
- Form your pizza dough into a round & brush dough with garlic infused olive oil or olive oil of choice.
- Slice elephant garlic and red potato into very thin slices and place in layers on top pizza.
- Top generously with mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook following your pizza dough instructions, or until crust is brown and cheese begins to bubble and brown.
- A few minutes before pizza is done, top with whole fresh basil leaves. Continue to bake until done.
- Let cook for 5 minutes before slicing, and serve.