Denver is in bloom, leaves are green, the sun shines till 8 PM, and the snow on the mountain peaks are receding. There is no better time to enjoy time a dinner outside. Elle moved to Denver just a couple of weeks ago, and I love seeing friends from different circles of life connect. I think there will be many more dinners like this in the coming months.
Lane provided wine pairings with the help of Joy Wine & Spirits that went perfectly with our meal and has the red wine drinkers questioning their loyalties.
Toasted Sourdough w Burrata
& Carrot Top Pesto
New to Sourdough? You can follow along to make your own here, or purchase from your local bakery. Serves 4-6.
- Slice sourdough into 1/2" thick pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on platter with burrata topped with carrot top pesto.
Summer Pasta with Lemons & Peas
1 package bucatini
1c fresh or frozen peas, thawed
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium shallot, minced
1/2 lemon, sliced
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
1/4t freshly ground black pepper
2T unsalted butter
1c grated parmesan
1T tarragon, minced
1T thyme, minced
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, reserving 1c pasta water before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallot, lemon slices and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1/4c cream & scant cup pasta water and simmer until reduced and beginning to thicken, about 10 minutes. Add peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Toss sauce mixture with pasta over low heat, until sauce completely thickens and coats the pasta. Remove from heat and add butter, Parmesan, herbs, and salt and pepper, stirring until combined.
- Serve with lemon wedges.